Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Wednesday 20 January 2010

Getting Closer......No 95!

New site found today whilst taking a short cut down some country lane at the back end of god knows where? Actually I do know where....now, but at the time I was lost!! I was trying to be clever and thought I knew better than MR Sat Nav, I took the left turn when he said right. Eventually I gave up and decided to pull over to reluctantly consult the map. Whilst trying to fathom out if I was lost on page 16 or 17 I happened to glance up to the ash tree across the road...............OMG LITTLE OWL!!!!  I couldn't believe it, the owl gods are with me again today.  This little owl takes my overall tally to 95 different sites and the initial target of a 100 is now with-in touching distance. Luckily I had my camera on the back seat and before he flew off I managed the image below, shame about the branches in the way....again!!!

Site 95, Burrough Hill - Court Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment