Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Monday 15 February 2010

Half Way There.

Another 3 boxes went up at selected locations today (sunday) couldn't put any more up because that was all I had made, not because half way through the day I was distracted by the call of pub.............again!!! Although I did managed a few pints once we were finished. 
Today was the first time I have taken the double ladders, the 3 locations today all required the boxes to be secured a little higher up the tree than those previous, I have tried to show the height perspective in these two images.
                          
Thats now 10 boxes up and 10 to go, I've now got to pull my finger out otherwise my target date of the end of Feb for all boxes to be up is not going to be met, I must focus and ban myself from the pub for a week or so.......is that possible????
Mant thanks to John Swift who was my victim helper for the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos of my favorite little creatures

    http://leicalady.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete