Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Thursday 11 March 2010

Good Old Gaddesby!

Work took me out towards Melton and beyond today, I left nice and early so I could make a detour via Gaddesby to see if my site No 41 had any owls showing. Due to the location being in and around some mature trees the lighting was ever changing but in comparision with previous visits todays sightings and photo opportunities were by far the best I have ever had.






Site No 41, Gaddesby - Underwood lodge Farm

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous images, Paul - and I love the faces, particularly on the bird in the third image!!! Well done mate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos, love those little owls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, not been blogging long & just bumped into this one.

    Quite a task you've set yourself . . . but i see you're just about there.

    Great stuff & superb images.

    ps. i noticed an image of what seems to be "the missing Link", appearing to urinate onto a tree mounted LO box . . .
    This is presumably to help take the odour of "newness" from the box timber ?

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete