Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Saturday 17 July 2010

Wow......In Print!!!!!

I have just had this months edition of  Bird Watching magazine delivered, I feel quite honoured that they have a two page article on my Little Owl study accompanied with a few of my images.



Hopefully it will encourage a few brit birders to get out there and look for their own local Little Owls.

Go find em guys!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Well done Paul, I'm really chuffed for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Paul, brilliant news.
    I quite often buy 'Bird Watching' so will look out for the latest copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Paul. A great, and well-deserved, result. You'll be in demand for doing the circuit of the bird-watching branches before you know it - you'd better start putting that talk and slideshow together soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aye, those tired old rags will stoop to owt nowadays to fill a few sides . . . ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one Paul. I have a copy here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one, I enjoyed reading your piece yesterday. Must get out with you and do a bit of photography.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your comments, sorry on the delay in my post but I am currently out of the UK in search of some european owls!!!!!......Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Douglas McFarlane2 August 2010 at 22:10

    Great work Paul on all the hard effort you've put into these charming/characterful owls. They're never easy to find nor photograph. Well done on getting a much deserved article and look forward to hear/see the owls you get in Europe

    ReplyDelete