Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Short & Sweet.

No new sites tonight, I just didn't have enough time to go out searching in between finishing work and getting back to watch the footie, therefore its going to be a quick post.

So I made the most of what little time I had and revisited site 125 which was located late last Sunday night. I was hoping the juveniles located would still be hanging around and they would relinquish some photo opportunities?

After a bit of searching I located the first bird in the very same bush it was in on Sunday, a little distant but close enough to confirm without doubt it to be a juvenile.

Juvenile No 1


Whilst I was getting some images a second bird was heard, it was located almost immediately as it was only in the next tree! Without even having to manoeuvre the landrover I was able to get some images of that bird too.

Juvenile No 2


Then to my delight both birds sat together for an instant.........how cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment