Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Thursday 19 May 2011

Without a hitch!

Last night 3 more Barn Owl boxes were erected, Colin very kindly was in assistance again and fortunately there was no accidents to report, apart from me getting a minor poke in the eye from a twig! In fact the night actually went without a hitch, all the boxes went up quite speedily which left us some spare time to check out a few of my Little Owl boxes for breeding activity. Of the four boxes we checked. two were empty, one had a Great Tits nest in (this is the third one we have found this year!) and one had Little Owl chicks in, five of them!!! Sadly no images as yours truly forgot to take his camera!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment