Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Friday 30 December 2011

Last Post!

Same old story, off work and can't get out due to the bloody horrid weather.........AGAIN!!

So rather than letting the situation wind me up I thought I'd make most of my idling time and attack the massive task of vetting my Little Owls images from 2011, they are now into some thing of an organised manner, I think!

Here are a few that I haven't published before, various birds on various perches......











It is highly unlikely that I will be doing another post before the end of the year, so let me take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy new year!

Paul.

4 comments:

  1. They are beautiful mate and I love the header image. The colours in the surrounding foliage are gorgeous - a very well composed shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb images Paul, fantastic header image also. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree,the header is a stunner mate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really nice, how lucky of having so many little owls around you!
    Saludos!

    ReplyDelete