Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Saturday 14 January 2012

Something different....

Blogs, websites, on line photo albums, social networks etc etc.......Cyber space has been completely saturated with images of SEO's recently...........and rightly so!

This winter has seen an influx of continental birds gracing our shores and the budding paparazzi among us have been filling our boots! Trouble is the majority of the images are a very similar, either a flying bird over grassy pasture or perched up on some fence or twig. Now when it comes to flight images I have hundreds, so I am well entrenched in that society but there really isn't anthing different. I'm still waiting to attain the perched up image, hopefully that will be soon so I can join that club too.

So I wanted to get something a bit different, but what? There really isn't much of an option there! The only thing I could work on was a different background, so my plan of attack was to set myself up in an area where a flying bird would offer just that and now finally I have achieved it, with the help of a dark hedgerow. The light was just magical' the bird a little more distant than I would have liked, hence some harsh cropping, but it is different.

What do you think, does it work?

7 comments:

  1. It certainly does Paul - its a super sharp image with fantastic light, as you say. I can't take my eyes off that stare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good to me Paul. Did you see my vidiclip from Cossington earlier in the week? Get yourself over there - you might be able to get a shot with an Exmoor Pony as a background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Works for me Paul! So now you've thrown down the gauntlet again over SEO images, we've all got to work a little harder!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. espectacular una diagonal de lujo un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  5. ¡Vaya diagonal!, ¡vaya mirada!
    La foto espectacular.
    Saludos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers for all your comments guys, yes Skev I did have a look at your video footage of the seo you posted. I think it was very effective how you managed to get the owl to drift in and out of focus whist dodging those dam thistle heads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not bad.................hehehe

    ReplyDelete