Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Friday 8 February 2013

It's not cheating.......it's art.

Following on from my last two posts and keeping along with the theme of Barn Owl on a brick wall, here is another image of the very same bird on the said wall.
 
No there wasn't five Barn Owls all together, but a bit of picture stacking in photoshop enabled me to create the effect.


Now I am waiting for the critics to have their say, come on let me have it, I've got broad shoulders!

20 comments:

  1. Great Image ... always good to think outside the box and be different !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very difficult to come up with "different" things nowadays, so many of us at it! Thanks for your comment Mick.

      Delete
  2. Firstly it very clever, so well done. Also you declared what you've done and it's no different to taking a few images of a particular landscape and stitching them together to form a panoramic scene. I've seen it done with an Osprey hunting and was blown away and this no different so no critique from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't see anything wrong with the image. Love it. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It gets my vote! Brilliant, Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful composite Paul! I agree with Mick, thinking outside the box and planning an image like this is just brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. You would never have guessed it but nor do I Christian, I love Wood Pigeons!!!

      Delete
    2. In all seriousness though, Paul, I think this image really works and I completely agree - it's art. Do I enjoy looking at it? You bet!

      Delete
    3. I knew your first comment was just tounge in cheek, just playing along with you! Thanks for your kind words Christian.

      Delete
  7. Nothing wrong with that mate great image in the first place and doing something diffrent wish I could do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than capable buddy, I'll take you along one night and we'll see?

      Delete
  8. absolutely perfect .. it is better not .. compliment ..
    greetings Frank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers for your comment Frank (even though I don't quite understand it?!)

      Delete