Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Saturday 27 April 2013

Nothing of note.......

Last week was cram packed full of eventful and memorable moments, since then I have hardly been out. No particular reason really, just busy with work, chores, football & table tennis.  So this morning I was raring to go but other unforeseen "things" have cropped up which meant being grounded, for now anyway!
 
I took advantage of this lull in my activities to go through a few more images from last week and whilst filing them all away in their respective folders I came across this image again, below. Originally I wasn't going to upload it to my blog as it wasn't as sharpe as I'd like it to have been and thought I'd wait for a similar but improved version. But that wait could be weeks, days even years so beings as I don't have anything else to upload I've shared it with you all. Yes I know I didn't get it all in the frame, doooogh! I'd like to say that I'd cropped it like that on purpose but I'd be telling fibs. From memory I have had 3 or 4 chances to capture a Tawny Owl as it takes flight, and I keep chopping the wings off!!

 
Anyway, I am planning a trip out this afternoon (Saturday) and hopefully I'll have a few goodies to share with you later???

2 comments:

  1. Good luck this afternoon, but seriously; there's nothing up with this! It's a Tawny, for Goodness sake! Flying! In the day! In beautiful sunlight! There. By the way - it is blummin sharp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now consider myself well and truly told off!!! Thanks for for the reality check mate!

      Delete