Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Friday 25 November 2016

2017 Owl Calendar

Hi all, as any regular readers/followers of this blog will know, I have over the years (with the help of my buddy Col Green) been designing, making and erecting owl nest boxes in south Leicestershire,  over 130 so far. This is definitely a labour of love and when owls find one of the boxes and go on to use them as a breeding site it makes all the effort worth while. However, completing all this work and sourcing the required materials doesn't come cheap! In order to help maintain existing and to fund more new boxes I compile a unique owl calendar each year with all profits going back into the scheme.

My calendar for this year has just been finalised and ordered with my supplier, each month features an owl image (four different species) that was taken by myself during 2016, see draft of each month below.



The calendars are professionally manufactured using a high quality glossy 235g/m premium paper stock which gives the images a vibrant and vivid finish. The approx size when opened is 11" wide x 17" high and would complement any kitchen/study wall!

This year I have again committed to a large quantity from the supplier, this has enabled me to keep the pricing as of previous years! 1 x calendar is £10.00 or two for £18.50, (plus p&p at £1.50).

So would you like one of my 2017 owl calendars whilst also helping the owls? If so please either leave a message on my blog or email me at littleowl123@icloud.com and I'll get back to you asap with more details.

Many thanks to anyone that is able to order a calendar, your support is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Paul


6 comments:

  1. Super, Paul. Please let me know when mine's ready. I'll probably get you to post it to me this year.

    Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola, veo que tienes un interés especial en las rapaces nocturnas,son animales difíciles de fotografiar y tú has hecho un gran trabajo, felicidades por tu trabajo. Yo tengo un blog donde puedes ver 2 entradas con fotos de búho real, te doy el enlace por si tienes interés http://rafael-arroyo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really a cute calendar, I want one for sure, can you tell us from where we can get it? Thank you for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are well socialized, having been raised in our home as members of our
    own family in order for them to become ready to be a member of yours.
    They are quite comfortable around all ages, including the elderly and young children.
    When you purchase a bird from Us, we are committed to offering lifetime support and guidance to you and your family.

    Hand Raised Parrots for Sale, Macaw Parrots for Sale
    Macaws are playful and active and they have excited personalities to go along with their sizes.
    But this also makes them very challenging pets. They do have the ability to say words and mimic
    our speech but it is not as clear as some other pet bird species.
    Because they are so intelligent, macaws can be trained. You can start when your pet bird is young,
    and work on hand-feeding, teaching your bird to talk or sing, and training your macaw not to nip, bite, or scream.
    Text or call +1(512) 643-7439


    MACAW PARROTS
    Macaw Parrots For Sale

    blue macaw for sale

    blue and goald macaw breeder

    Scarlet Macaw

    defferent types of macaw available for sale

    blue headed macaw for sale

    parrots for sale

    macaw for sale near me

    red bellied macaw

    Text or call +1(512) 598-8125

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete